Nominations Received via Teleconfrence on Friday, April 9, 2021 for the 2021-2022 NMFSA Board:
* President - J. Buck Dyck - FRENCH Funerals - Cremations / Albuquerque
* President Elect - Michael McIntire - Steed Todd Funeral Home / Clovis
* Vice President - No Nominations
* Secretary/Treasurer - Angelique Good - FRENCH Funerals - Cremations / Albuquerque
* Director at Large - Robert Noblin - Noblin Funeral Services / Belen
* Past President - Joshua McManigal - Daniels Family Funeral Services / Albuquerque
Below is the invite to the Go-To-Meeting to hold our special election on Friday, April 16, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Please join us and make your voice heard!
NMFSA - Special Election
Fri, Apr 16, 2021 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM (MDT)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
- One-touch: tel:+18722403212,,919776669#
Access Code: 919-776-669
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/919776669
Below are some important announcements that came as a result of our quarterly meeting held at Strong-Thorne Mortuary on Friday, March 12, 2021.
- Lisa Dalton, NMFSA Secretary/Treasurer regretfully resigned effective, March 12, 2021. President Joshua McManigal will assume the roles and responsibilities of this position until a new board member is in place.
- A special meeting will be held on Friday, April 16th at 4:00 PM Via Go-To-Meeting to elect a new board of directors. Nominations are requested to be submitted by email by Friday, April 9th. The following positions are open for the 2021-2022 Session.
* President Elect
* Vice President
* Director at Large
We ask all funeral service professionals and firms to join! Our collective voice and participation is needed to back our profession in public and legislative matters.
- Our next regular quarterly meeting will be on June 18th at 11:00 AM follow at Noblin Funeral Service, 418 W. Reinken Avenue, Belen, NM 87002
- The NMFSA Board of Directors has awarded our 2021 Scholarship to Natalie Luscombe, who is currently employed at Steed-Todd Funeral Home in Clovis. Natalie is a student at the Dallas Institute of Funeral Service. We are honored to help her achieve her goals and hopefully have another FSP serving in New Mexico!
An invite will follow on the Go-To-Meeting for the special election meeting.
Sam D. Baca
Deming - Sam D. Baca, 75, longtime Deming resident and businessman peacefully passed away at home on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
Visitation will be held on Friday, January 22, 2021 at Holy Family Catholic Church from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
The rosary will be held on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 10:00 AM, officiated by Fr. Ron Machado. Mass of the Christian Burial will be at 11:00 AM celebrated by Fr. Prakasham Babu and Fr. Ron Machado, followed by concluding services and interment with military honors at Mt. View Cemetery. Due to capacity restrictions, church services will be live streamed. To view additional details about Sam D. Baca's Services, including any available live streams:
Sam was born February 15, 1945 in Faywood, NM to Eduardo and Elena Dominguez Baca. He attended the Cobre School system continued his education at Western New Mexico University. He served in the United States Army and after being discharged he went to the California College of Mortuary Science in Los Angeles, California graduating in 1970. His dedication to funeral service brought about the purchase of Wheeler Mortuary in 1975, followed by the establishment of Baca's Heather Funeral Home in Lordsburg, NM, Baca's Funeral Chapel in Silver City, NM and Baca's Funeral Chapel in Las Cruces, NM; along with New Mexico Granite and Marble Company and Mimbres Crematory.
He served as Mayor of Deming for 20 years, was a past board member of Deming Public Schools, the New Mexico Board of Funeral Service and was very active with the Community Development Block Grant program for our local area.
On October 13, 1983 he became an advisory director for First New Mexico Bank and was appointed a full director on March 14, 1985, for a total of 36 years on the board.
He was proud to serve on the board of the Help in Healing Foundation at the Village at Mayo Clinic.
He was a dedicated Catholic and had a lifelong dream of refurbishing his childhood church in San Jose, NM. Along with the help of former parishioners, family members and friends he was instrumental in accomplishing his dream.
He is survived by his brother, Fernando "Buddy" Baca of Deming, numerous nieces and nephews and professional family. Sam was preceded in death by his parents, Eduardo and Elena Baca; sisters Clara and Nora; and brothers Adan, Ramon, and Julian.
Pallbearers will be Paul Baca, "Coach" Sandoval, Tony Saenz, Max Eddings, Jesse Valencia, and Ricardo Molina. Honorary pallbearers are his fellow Directors from First New Mexico Bank: G.G. Gore, Dr. John Lundy, Teresa Molina, Richard Patterson, Jakub Sherman, and Gary Shiflett, along with close colleague John Strand and very good friend Olivina Ortiz.
In lieu of flowers please send memorial contributions to Help in Healing Home Foundation at the Village at Mayo clinic, 5811 E. Mayo Blvd., Phoenix AZ. 85254.
Entrusted to the care of Baca's Funeral Chapels and Mimbres Crematory. Exclusive provider for "Veterans & Family Memorial Care". To sign the online guest book or to send a card, please visit our website at www.bacasfuneralchapels.com.
811 S. Gold Ave., Deming, NM 88030. Phone: 575.546.9671